The Main Control Buttons
The most important options of the program are available with six basic buttons, Backward, Record, Forward, Reload Data, Auto-Advance and Auto-Start. Further options are available in the main menu, context menu, icons, and keyboard short cuts. For a detailed description of all functions, see sections Menu Functions and Keyboard and Mouse Functions.
Function of Main Buttons
- Record button. Starts real-time analysis according to the current single-run TBV settings file. If the TBV settings file refers to a multi-run analysis (.mtbv) file, the multi-run analysis is performed on the basis of the results of two or more individual runs.
- Backward button. Switches to the previous single-run TBV settings file, if available. If there is no previous run available, the button is shown in an inactive (grey-colored) state. To run the new single-run settings file, press the Record button.
- Forward button. Switches to the next single-run TBV settings file, if available. If there is no new run available, the button is shown in an inactive (grey-colored) state. If a new run is available, the button is shown in active mode and you can switch to the new run by clicking the button. To run the new single-run settings file, press the Record button.
- Reload Data button. Reloads data of a run already analyzed earlier, e.g. for further inspection. The button is only enabled if the data belonging to the current TBV settings file is available on disk in the respective TargetFolder.
- Pre-Load ROI button. Use this button to load an ROI file already before the next functional run is started with the Record button. While ROIs can be loaded anytime during a run, preloading may be very helpful to prepare neurofeedback/BCI runs with a region-of-interest that has been determined from a previous localizer run. Since ROIs are defined within the slices of a scan, this approach is applicable for successive runs in the same scanning session using the same slice positioning parameters. Hovering over the button shows the name of the preloaded file.
- Pre-Load VOI button. This button allows to load a VOI file already before a functional run is started with the Record button. This may help to prepare neurofeedback/BCI runs with regions that are defined in normalized (Talairach) space or in native/ACPC space in a 3D (VMR) data set. Using VOIs requires that a 3D anatomical (T1 weighted) scan has been measured in the same session prior to the functional runs and that the alignment of the functional and anatomical data sets has been prepared.
The Backward and Forward buttons do only work in specific settings (usually in the context of the "IFIS" real-time system and with some scanner files). It is advised to directly set the next TBV settings file using the File >Set New TBV File menu item. If subsequent runs use the same parameters (number of slices, TR and so on), the easiest way to prepare the next run is to change the settings in the current TBV file and to save the modified TBV file under a new name. To change the current TBV settings file use the File > Edit TBV File button to enter the TBV Settings dialog and change the necessary fields for the next run usually including the FirstFileName in the Data Format tab, the StimulationProtocol entry (if different), NrOfVolumes entry (if different) and the ProjectName text in the Time Course tab. For a more convenient and robust approach it is recommended to prepare all TBV files required for a series of real-time runs ahead of time and to switch for each run to the prepared TBV file. This will require only to change one field, the FirstFileName entry in the Data Format tab.
Copyright © 2014 Rainer Goebel. All rights reserved.